Pink is like Red, but not quite.

7/25/10

Blueberry Jellies

    I hate to waste anything.  So, those blueberries were getting ripe and hanging in big blue bunches and I had to do something with them.   I wanted to make jelly, but I had to get rid of the tiny seeds, so I put them in the blender and tried to strain them through cheesecloth.  It took forever, and the juice was not nice and clear.  To me it looked like a hemorrhage with a giant blood clot and bloody bandages. YUK.  I had to throw it all away and start over...
  There had to be another way!  So I filled the big pot with the berries, added a little water and boiled them down.  I took the mixture and strained it and got rid of all the seeds. Beautiful, clear juice.  I made the jelly just like it says on the Sure-Gel package.  I agree with my mama, there is nothing like hearing those jelly jars go "PLINK" when they are sealing up with the hot jellies.  I also need to mention that it is delicious and makes terrific peanut butter and jelly sammiches. 

No comments:

Post a Comment