Pink is like Red, but not quite.

7/7/10

When I Grow Up

When I grow up, I want to be a lot taller and thinner, with really long legs.
Sometimes it bothers me to watch nudity on television.
Not all of the time, because I am as curious as the next 45 year old human being.
Not because I am a Christian, or a prude, or even because I don't look 20, 30 or even 40 anymore.
I think I see too much "Nekkidness"  on the job.
I work with patient's bodies that were once young and smooth and able.
Now they are clinging to the bed, clinging to life sometimes.
Makes me think of how a starving person must feel-being forced to watch someone eat a feast of juicy delightful foods when the plate was just sitting in front of them and they only got a taste.
Maybe just thinner, with longer legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment